Minutes 7 October 2016
Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12:00 pm on USF Tampa in NES 103. (Comment. Tampa Bay was then under Tropical Storm Watch because of Hurricane Matthew.)
Attendance & Introductions. Seven members, including six members of the Council, and five guests.
Minutes. Minutes from September 23 meeting approved.
- Grievances. Discussion of outstanding grievances.
- Ratification. The 415 valid ballots for ratification were counted on September 30 at noon in EDU 257. There were 409 votes in favor and six against.
- Calendar. The next meeting will be on October 21 in EDU 257. Since the FEA Delegate Assembly will be meeting in Orlando that day, some members of the Executive Committee and the Council will be absent. After that, we meet on November 4 at USF Sarasota / Manatee in B224, then on November 18 in EDU 257. We will try to do something special on December 2, e.g. in the Marshall Center.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
- Membership. Regarding the December 2 meeting, we will announce a toy drive, toys to be collected at the December 2 meeting. The toys will be delivered to the CLC on December 6.
- Motionmade and seconded that the Chapter will distribute by lot two $ 50 gift cards at the December 2 Chapter meeting, but that members of the Executive Committee shall not be eligible. Motion approved.
- Instructor Survey. The survey will be announced to instructors by postcards.
- Motion made and seconded to send cards to instructors announcing the survey. Motion passes.
- Election. Discussion of election activities.
- Motion made and seconded to send the Organize Now flyer on meeting City Council and State Attorney candidates to UFF USF members. Motion approved.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 8 October 2016.